For students enrolled in Years 7-12 at Kerang Technical High School
Doctors in Schools (DiS) aims to:
· make primary health care more accessible to students
· provide assistance to young people to identify and address any health problems early
· reduce the pressure on working families.
The program is guided by a range of key principles, including:
· Equity of access for students
· No cost access to a GP at school for student or parents/carers
· Staff trained in adolescent-health
· Student confidentiality
· Cultural safety
How to Make a Booking
Appointments can be made by:
1. Contacting Miss Zoe Ferrier
a. in person
b. sending a message through XUNO
c. email: Zoe.Ferrier@education.vic.gov.au
2. Drop in to the clinic at recess or lunch time
3. Speak to another teacher who can make an appointment with Miss Ferrier or the nurse.
Every Wednesday – 10:30 am – 2:30 pm
Meet our Team
Yvonne (Nurse Practitioner)
We are fortunate to have the services of Yvonne Fabry (Nurse Practitioner) working at our school.
A Nurse Practitioner can help you by: – – Directly referring you to other health care professionals. – Prescribing some medications. – Arrange pathology including blood tests & X-rays. – Talking about your health and provide treatment options. – Writing certain types of medical certificates.
Shannon (Registered Nurse)
Shannon is a registered nurse at NDCH for 13 years. She has a special interest in immunisations, community health with a specific focus on adolescent health. Shannon also works locally for the Gannawarra Shire as a nurse immuniser.
Miss Zoe Ferrier (Kerang Technical High School – School Program Lead)
Miss Ferrier is a qualified Health and Physical Educator at our school and has a passion for enhancing the health and wellbeing of students. Miss Ferrier co-ordinates our program and ensures access for all students in a timely manner. You are more than welcome to contact her shall you require further information regarding our service.